Monday, August 1, 2011

Respect My Body

My body is a gift in which God gave me. It is the form that contains my soul on Earth. So, why have I not paid attention to how I treat my body. Well, one simple answer for me is that I take care of others, but lack in taking care of myself. My mom tells me to take care of myself. But what does that mean exactly. I don't usually feel my needs are as important as others needs.

Well, today is a new start for me. Now that I am figuring out what my body needs to be fit and healthy, I am going to use what I have learned for the better. I started my "Couch to 5K" training today, Aug. 1st. I have signed up for a John Deere 5K on September 25, 2011. So, I have a little under 2 months to train. Along with training of running/jogging/walking, I have incorporated some fat burning strength training exercises. Now, I am changing my eating habits again to give myself the proper "gas" or food. I am now going to eat as if I am a diabetic because sometimes I know my blood sugar gets high, then crashes on me. I have found some new recipes that I will be trying today.

I will look forward to my weekly massages at the end of the week. This will loosen up my muscles that are too tight in my neck. Thanks to my brother, who is a chiropractor, that he adjusted me and did some other treatments today. Then he sent me to his massage therapist at his office! :) Therefore, my incentive to do my workouts and eating will be to get a great massage weekly. :)

After 31 years, I have realized how important my body is to living a godly life. If I don't take care of myself, then I will not be able to minister or help out others the way I need to. My body is a sanctuary where my soul grows closer and closer to Christ. I now have respect for my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment